1) What is the working title of your current/next book?
2) Where did the idea come from?
Dragon Prey is the sequel to Unicorn Bait. I’d originally written Unicorn Bait to be a stand-alone novel, but readers had so many great follow-up questions that it inspired a sequel.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
Fantasy, but it also has humur and romance.
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Ooh, I’m terrible at this. I don’t know. A young Meg Ryan for Naomi? I think she’d have the perfect mix of comic timing and physicality to work, and she could dye her hair brown like In the Cut. Jason Momoa for Tavik. I really liked him as Conan. Betty White could be Granny easy. Imelda Staunton for Yula. And Mr. Squibbles would be pure CGI with a distorted voice to make him sound like a mouse speaking. How weird is this cast?
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
The real Lady Naomi comes to claim Tavik, and a dragon inadvertently helps her do it.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Self-published like all of the others.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft?
For over a year now. I’m almost done with the first draft.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Terry Pratchett maybe, though his work is far superior.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
The fans are literally the only reason this book is being written. I had firmly told myself Unicorn Bait would be a STAND-ALONE novel and was pretty set on that, but the fans thought otherwise. Which is awesome. I’m really surprised I came up with the sequel to this story.
10) What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?
A lot of stuff is returning in this book and being expanded. Naomi has to go through a hell of an ordeal in this one. Many of the questions readers had at the end of Unicorn Bait are answered, such as where did that first unicorn horn come from?
Now, I'm supposed to tag 5 people, but I'm never any good at that. If you'd like to take part, leave a comment and I'll add your link here. Your post is supposed to go up Jan. 2nd, though I'm no stickler for this so if you're a little late to the party, it's fine.