Friday, January 1, 2016
I want to keep this year simple. I want to foster what I have and get stuff done. So with that in mind here are my resolutions.
1. Write more. – I’ve tried in the past to quantify writing goals but have decided that only stymies me. I shouldn’t feel pressured to do what I love. So I’m just going to tell myself to write more.
2. Read more. – It is rather appalling how little I read in 2015. I want to read more this year. Again, no numbers, just a simple resolve to do it.
3. Exercise more – This one will unfortunately be quantified by my health insurance provider, but since they are also providing a Fit Bit, I’m not going to expend too much brain power on it, and also, I purchased a treadmill about a month ago that I’m finding very conducive to this simple goal. I can even read while using it.
4. Social Media more. – What does that mean? It means not letting my blog, Twitter, and Facebook go fallow for long stretches of time.
5. Promote more. – I need to spread the word a bit more. Hiding under a rock does not appear to sell books. That’s a shame. I rather like my rock.
And that’s it. I’m cutting it off at five because as I wrote at the start, I want to keep things simple. And if I make any further resolutions, I'll just pull myself in too many directions and fail all of them. I'm, though, that I can get these five done.
Do you have any resolutions? What are you looking forward to?
Image used under Creative Commons CC0.
Posted by S.A. Hunter